Ronnie is well-known for his expertise in negotiating departure arrangements, acting for employers, for employees, for professional firms and for individual partners. Many clients are in the financial and professional services sectors. Some partnership clients are themselves lawyers and law firms; others are involved in venture capital, private equity and asset management. Partners in professional firms often turn to Ronnie for advice on retirement and succession.
The latest editions of the major independent guides to lawyers and law firms feature Ronnie.
- The Partnership section of The Legal 500 ranks Ronnie as a Leading Individual in the Hall of Fame (said by the publishers to highlight individuals who have received constant praise by their clients for continued excellence). He provides strategic advice to a variety of lawyer and firm clients and is described in The Legal 500 as a key lawyer in the group which has developed a niche in partnership disputes relating to partner exits and the enforceability of restrictive covenants and team move clauses. Chambers & Partners Guide ranks Ronnie as a Senior Statesman for both contentious and non-contentious partnership work; the editorial says, “Ronnie Fox is one of the most renowned figures in the market. He is immensely experienced in partnership disputes as well as negotiations related to the exit of partners from professional and financial services firms.”
- Ronnie is also ranked by Chambers & Partners as a Senior Statesman for senior executive employment work; the editorial says, “Ronnie Fox maintains his long-standing reputation as an expert adviser to senior executives facing high-profile and reputationally sensitive employment disputes. He is particularly notable for his representation of clients from the professional services sector, and supplements his employment work with a sophisticated partnership practice.”
- In Who’s Who Legal for 2019 Ronnie is a Global Leader for Labour and Employment Law.
- The Best Lawyers (https://www.bestlawyers.com/Search?query=Ronnie%20Fox ) peer review publication has included Ronnie since 2009. He is listed in the 2020 Edition of The Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom for both Employment Law and Partnership.
Ronnie’s contribution to the legal profession includes years of working closely with the Law Society of England and Wales (www.lawsociety.org.uk). He served on the Law Society’s Employment Law, Company Law, Council Membership and Remuneration Committees and was a member of the steering group which led to the formation of the Law Management Section of the Law Society.
The City of London Solicitors’ Company Distinguished Service Award was awarded to Ronnie after he chaired a Working Party on The Future of the Legal Profession. He is a Past Master of the Company and Past President of the City of London Law Society and continues to be a Member of the Court.
Ronnie founded the thriving multi-disciplinary Association of Partnership Practitioners (www.app.org.uk) in March 1998 and was its first Chairman; he is now an Honorary Life Member of the Association.
Many radio and TV broadcasts have featured Ronnie; he is often quoted in the legal and national press. Ronnie’s published work includes over 200 articles on legal and management topics together with:
- Payments on Termination of Employment – three editions – Oyez Longman
- Legal Aspects of Doing Business in the United Kingdom – Kluwer
- Due Diligence, Disclosures and Warranties in the Corporate Acquisitions Practice: the United Kingdom – two editions – Graham and Trotman
- International Business Transactions – Service Agreements for Multinational Corporate Executives in the United Kingdom – Kluwer
- International Professional Practice – England & Wales – Chancery Law Publishing
- Professional Secrecy in Europe – England & Wales – Cambridge University Press
A couple of years ago the Law Society Gazette – the publication of record for solicitors in England and Wales – published a 2 page profile of Ronnie (https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/people/interview-ronnie-fox/5056437.article) describing him as “one of the UK’s most prominent employment lawyers”. In October 2019, The Times referred to Ronnie as “one of the most prominent partnership specialists in the City”.
Ronnie has attended and spoken at International Bar Association conferences all over the world (www.ibanet.org), participating in meetings of the Committees on Employment and Industrial Relations Law, Business Organisations, Law Firm Management and Professional Ethics. He is a past Chairman of the Senior Lawyers’ Committee.
Ronnie has many years’ experience in employment and partnership law and is widely regarded as being at the pinnacle of the profession. He was Senior Partner at Fox Williams between 1989 and 2005 and founded highly regarded practice Fox, now Fox & Partners, in 2006.