Join the team from Fox & Partners for our new practical podcast series, based on scenarios from our day-to-day practice.
We are a City firm of specialist partnership and employment lawyers, with particular expertise in dispute resolution and litigation. Our clients include senior executives, as well as partners, members, partnerships and LLPs in the legal and financial services sectors, and corporate organisations.
The content of this podcast is not legal advice and is not intended to provide more than general commentary on the subject matter. Specialist employment or partnership law advice should always be sought about your specific circumstances.
Episode 6: Special Guest Episode: Leadership wellbeing: taking care of senior executives and partners
There has been a significant mental health decline amongst the work leaders since the pandemic. Our Catriona Watt and guest speaker Nikki Swan discuss Senior Executive and Partner Well-being post-pandemic covering:
- the impact of working through the pandemic on senior leadership mental health
- fundamental principles to ensure and implement a culture of wellbeing
- takeaways for senior individuals and firms interested in well-being at work
Episode 5: All my own views… Social media in the workplace
- What to do when employees post undesirable comments on social media;
- What a good social media policy should cover;
- The benefits of guidelines and training for social media use;
- How employers can protect their confidential information;
- Considerations for monitoring online activity.
Episode 4: Whistle while we work – Encouraging a culture of openness
To mark World Whistleblowers’ Day, our Caroline Field and Remziye Ozcan discuss why a focus on prevention of whistleblowing claims is often better for all parties than a successful outcome at trial, including:
- Creating a culture of “speaking up”, and the importance of setting the tone from the top
- What can a good policy do
- Common pitfalls when disclosures are made in practice
- Industry specific requirements
- Predictions for the future
Episode 3: ‘Jumping Partner Ship’ – managing partner transitions
At a time of high mobility within the professional services market, this month’s episode, featuring Dean Fuller and Eleanor Diamond, looks at how partners leaving one firm to join another can best manage their transition, including:
- The importance of financial due diligence
- Considerations of liability
- Future exit provisions
- Issues relating to restrictive covenants and team moves
- Alignment on attitude to risk and cultural fit
Episode 2: Special Guest Episode: Uber – the implications for partners, partnerships and LLPs
In this special guest episode, featuring David Reade QC from Littleton Chambers and Ivor Adair, we look at the unanticipated implications of the recent Uber judgment on the employment status of partners. What new risks does the judgment present for partnerships and LLPs and what can firms do to protect themselves? Why is this potentially significant? What should current and prospective partners, particularly junior equity and fixed share partners be aware of?
Episode 1: Identifying and investigating team moves in a changing work environment
At a time when economic turbulence is leading to increased team move activity, Fox & Partners’ Ivor Adair and Shiv Raja look at the challenges facing employers investigating suspicions of a team move, particularly in a home-working environment. How can you spot the early signs of a team move, and how can IT help? What practical steps can you take and what are the pitfalls to avoid?
Listen to our podcasts on the following platforms
Subscribe to our podcasts
If you would like to be notified when a new podcast is available, please sign up using the form below.