Jackie is a Legal Director advising on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious matters. She works with employers from a range of sectors, with an emphasis on financial and professional services, retail and technology. Jackie also advises professional services firms on partnership-related legal issues.
Jackie regularly advises clients on the strategic aspects of senior executive disputes and exits, the drafting and negotiation of employment documentation and remuneration arrangements, and policy matters including restructuring and diversity initiatives. She also advises on employee competition issues and has advised on team moves for financial services, technology and insurance sector clients. Where it is impossible to avoid litigation, Jackie has extensive experience advising employers on high-value claims on matters including sex, race and disability discrimination, harassment and whistleblowing.
Jackie has particular expertise in investigations. She has acted as an independent investigator on employment-related investigations in sectors including financial services and media. She also regularly advises on investigation processes and the associated employment and regulatory risks.
Recent experience includes:
- successfully defending a multi-jurisdictional claim for constructive unfair dismissal and breach of contract;
- advising a financial services firm on a wide range of employment law issues including senior executive exits, the settlement of a complex tribunal claim and the strategic management of grievance investigations in a regulated environment;
- advising a PLC on a global restructuring project;
- advising the UK branch of an international professional services firm on grievance investigations, performance and promotion issues, and the removal of partners; and
- advising a corporate LLP member on the contractual arrangements for new partners following the acquisition of their business.
Jackie provides clients with practical advice underpinned by a strong understanding of the legal framework. In advising, she is always aware of the human aspect of employment disputes and uses this focus to achieve commercial solutions that minimise the risk and stress for all concerned. Her knowledge of the financial services remuneration regime means that she can provide clear and pragmatic advice to both employers and employees on pay and incentives related matters.
Jackie is ranked as a Rising Star by the Legal 500 for Employer work.
Appointments, Associations and Memberships
Jackie is a member of the Employment Lawyers’ Association and recently took part in a working party providing ELA’s response to the Government’s consultation on access to justice. She has also co-authored and presented training for the In-House Employment Lawyers Network on clashing protected rights.
Jackie joined Fox & Partners in September 2023 from the London employment team of a full-service international law firm. She has more than 20 years’ experience in employment law.