Making the decision to admit a new partner or member to your firm is an important one. Once you have made that important decision, it is key that the documentation which you put in place protects the firm and properly regulates the relationship from beginning to end, including for a period of time after a partner has left, through properly drafted restrictive covenants.
With expertise in all aspects of partnership law, we can provide the right level of advice for you when you make the decision to offer partnership to an existing member of staff, or a lateral hire.
There are various issues of which you need to be mindful when taking that step, including:
- protecting your business should that person decide to leave
- ensuring that the documentation properly reflects the agreement between you and the new partner
- making sure that you have the relevant resolutions and permissions to offer the position in the first place
- obtaining a practical and workable agreement for both parties
How Fox & Partners can help…
- drafting a partnership deed or LLP members’ agreement
- helping to draft an offer of partnership for a new partner
- reviewing existing documentation and providing amendments in order to accommodate a new partner
- providing a deed of adherence, should that be required
- advising on the risks involved in your strategy.
Please call us on 020 7618 2400