Fox advises on a broad range of commercial disputes. Such disputes often arise from the fall-out between partners, LLPs and their members, company shareholders and directors.
We act for a wide range of clients, including companies, partnerships, LLPs and high net worth individuals. Clients rarely want to end up in lengthy and expensive Employment Tribunal proceedings or Court battles. Accordingly, our focus is to avoid disputes becoming litigious wherever possible. When litigation cannot be avoided, we will fight hard to achieve our client’s desired outcomes.
Well-known for our expertise in employment and partnership disputes, we have also significant experience of contractual disputes in a wide variety of contexts, corporate issues (breach of warranty, supplier, shareholder and other stakeholder disputes), professional negligence claims, civil fraud, typically in relation to the theft of confidential information or other financial losses caused by the dishonesty of employees, directors or partners.
Our aim is always to deliver clear, straightforward advice which is accessible. In the course of litigation, we establish budgets and constantly evaluate the legal merits and cost implications of a case.
Our team has extensive experience of alternative dispute resolution, including negotiation, mediation, expert determination and arbitration.
Members of our team have also obtained and defended injunctions in employee competition and misuse of confidential information cases and have worked on applications for freezing injunctions, search and seize injunctions and harassment orders.
Our recent experience includes:
- successfully obtaining judgment and an order for payment of indemnity costs in respect of a claim by the former CEO of a public limited company to enforce the terms of a settlement agreement relating to the termination of his employment and defending allegations of fraudulent activity
- acting for a private equity fund management business in bringing claims for wrongful termination of the management agreement involving allegations of fraudulent misrepresentation and negligence
- obtaining a settlement for a partner in a private equity healthcare investment management business of a multi-million pound claim pursuant to the Partnership Act 1890, for damages on a quantum meruit basis and in equity for an interest arising by reason of constructive trust
- advising a director and shareholder in respect of a winding up petition issued by an investor shareholder for winding up on just and equitable grounds
- bringing a derivative action in the High Court against the managing director of a property investment company for reimbursement of unauthorised payments, an account of his dealings with the company, an account of profits made using the unauthorised withdrawals (plus tax incurred as a result of the withdrawals) and an indemnity for costs.
How Fox can help…
- we identify our client’s commercial objectives at the outset and remain focused on achieving them
- we evaluate cases at an early stage, provide straightforward advice on the merits and the likely costs involved, which we keep under regular review
- we devise strategies to maximise the opportunity for cost effective resolution of your dispute
- we provide tailored support in relation to the procedural aspects of the litigation, ensuring you understand what is required, relevant timescales and the cost implications
- we can assist in drafting settlement agreements which record the terms of your commercial agreement.
Please call us on 020 7618 2400