The lawyers at Fox & Partners are experts in drafting, advising on and negotiating the terms of settlement agreements for employers of all sizes and can quickly provide template or bespoke settlement agreements.
Compromise Agreements were re-named Settlement Agreements in July 2013. Settlement Agreements are useful tools to bring employment to an end on agreed terms out of the public eye. Fox & Partners will work with you to consider the individual’s contractual entitlements, their potential claims and your particular objectives. Settlement agreements are heavily regulated; getting the wording of a settlement agreement right is crucial if you want to ensure that your business is adequately protected and that all the terms of the agreement are enforceable.
Our lawyers have worked on settlement agreements for both employers and employees for years which means that we have a clear understanding of the tactics, psychology and motives of both sides which can really help to resolve issues quickly for our clients.
There are many reasons why an employer may find it useful to offer a settlement agreement to a member of staff. Whether your aim is to preserve confidentiality or restrict the employee from competing with you or from taking your staff after they have left your employment, we can help you to achieve your objectives.
Settlement agreements often need to be concluded quickly. We pride ourselves on being able to offer our services at short notice.
Successful negotiation of a settlement agreement should avoid the need for costly, time-consuming and unwanted litigation which can often lead to adverse publicity.
How Fox & Partners can help…
- we can provide a template or tailored settlement agreement at short notice
- we can guide and support you to negotiate with the employee or their representative to conclude the settlement agreement quickly
- we can negotiate changes to the settlement agreement on your behalf
- we can provide a tailored strategy to achieve your objectives
- if satisfactory settlement terms cannot be reached we can advise you on defending or bringing a claim in an Employment Tribunal or High Court or running an internal process to resolve the problem.
Please call us on 020 7618 2400