Caring for someone, whether a baby, child or other relative who needs your help can be a rewarding but challenging experience. It can involve new and different responsibilities and, as a result, different needs when it comes to your work commitments.
All employees now have the right to request flexible working and there are provisions for sharing parental leave, which enables fathers to play a more active role in childcare than previously.
You will want to know your entitlements to leave and pay. Your employer may make things difficult and you might need help asserting your rights to time off and flexible working. We can help and our involvement can be as much or as little as you need. Our lawyers are experienced in advising employees of their rights and guiding employees through difficult and sensitive situations. We take time to understand your objectives and your circumstances, both personal and professional. We will work with you to find the best way forward and help you every step of the way.
How Fox & Partners can help…
- advise on entitlements to time off, pay or special arrangements
- draft requests for flexible working
- discuss the implications of returning to work from a period of leave
- explain sharing leave between parents
- liaise with your employer on your behalf or help from behind the scenes.
Please call us on 020 7618 2400